- Making a reddit thread on this project to gather support and gain publicity - e.g. posting a link to the YT vid you made and also to this forums, perhaps adding a video of an FT pvp game of reasonable quality (if you have one in mind, lemme know) to give people new to FT a general idea of what PT is aiming at.
- A person to do 3D modeling and character design - is hiring a professional in that field an option? I'm concerned about this part in particular because it might take a small miracle to find a former player or a random person interested in helping on the project pro bono.
- Kickstarter - once we got the 3D and character designs done (fingers crossed), this should be a legit option to consider.
Note this was originally sent via PM along with several other questions, but it was decided afterwards that some questions can be made public for better review and feedback.
Below you can find Wong's answers.
- Mister Ad
- Google Advertising
I'm especially curious on other people's thoughts regarding the pixelisation, and the support (also in form of donations) they'd be willing to provide if we would decide to crowdfund a professional for the models (an estimate of the cost would help in that regard, too).WongKit wrote:- I think that Pixel Tennis in its current state is too boring for people who do not come from the FT area. Comparing it to the full-grown title would only point out so many things that are currently missing.
The reddit idea in general is good, but I think it is too early to publish it to something like reddit.
- Hiring a professional is currently no option as this is way above my non-existing budget. I am evaluating, if Pixel Tennis should receive a special “pixelized” art style like in Cube World (https://picroma.com/cubeworld, https://www.google.de/search?q=voxel+character&tbm=isch).
There are tools / voxel editors out there where you can easily design 3D objects which can be imported into the game. Creating a voxel model is nearly as easy as building blocks in Minecraft. I know, this style is very special and not everyone will like it, but it could solve the 3D modeling issue and could provide a way for other users to integrate their ideas into the game. It would fit the name Pixel Tennis by the way ^^”
- Kickstarter would help if Pixel Tennis got into financial issues. At the moment, I try to keep this project (due to its private nature) as cost effective as possible. If there is a user base and a high demand for content or visual upgrades, I might go the kickstarter way to finance the creation of such things. On the other side, an ingame shop or premium items could also help (no, not the alaplaya way...).
Reason: *Wong approved*
First off, Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you've been well.
To continue, here's a question for Wong - I've been wondering if there's a way to reassign the commands (couldn't find it anywhere, might just be me), and if not, whether you'll eventually add that option to the game. I played FT with reassigned keys cuz I cannot use left hand for ball commands for the life of me. xD
So that option would be much appreciated, if it's gonna be added to the game at one point.
Yes, key reassignments are on the very top of my todo list.
The function was available in earlier builds as a default feature of the game engine. It got removed for whatever reason without any alternative (again), so I need to build a custom mapping logic.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest