About Pixel Tennis

How do you like this project? Is there anything that can be done better?
matt090

About Pixel Tennis

Post by matt090 »

Hi, i was just passing by since i read of this project on elitepvpers, and as a Fantasy Tennis fan i couldn't resist to say that this seems a pretty well done project! :D
I really hope you can get this game to work!

PS since i didn't fell to post here empy handed, i'll attach my few suggestions about textures i hope you can make use of
textures.zip
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 768 times
WongKit
Pixel Tennis Developer

Re: About Pixel Tennis

Post by WongKit »

Hi matt,

welcome and thank you for your feedback! I also hope, that this project will develop into an actual complete game.

Those textures look nice and pretty close to the Fantasy Tennis ones. Are they ripped of the game?
Somehow related to an online tennis game.
matt090

Post by matt090 »

Thanks, actually i just made them in photoshop, and of course i tried to match ft ;)
I'm more a dev than an artist though, i just wanted to help spicing up your next video :lol: :lol:
WongKit
Pixel Tennis Developer

Post by WongKit »

Cool, the lob circle definitely looks better than my photoshop attempt. I will try the arena floor when I added support for different courts.
matt090 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:44 pmI'm more a dev than an artist though
Same for me ^^"
matt090

Post by matt090 »

I'll just throw out an idea but, u should make a topic or section with trivial / time consuming tasks like textures so that ppl that are just passing by like me can help you out! :)
WongKit wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:48 pm ...when I added support for different courts.
im looking forward to see the arena then :lol:
WongKit
Pixel Tennis Developer

Post by WongKit »

In general, this is a good idea, but I can not think of many tasks that could be assigned to other people without heavily preparing the context and/or a working environment. Even creating textures is kinda difficult as Pixel Tennis' art style is not decided yet.

By the way, your arena floor looks really nice in 3D. I also learned something about normal maps today ^^

Pixel-Tennis-Preview-Arena-20180310.jpg
Pixel-Tennis-Preview-Arena-20180310.jpg (158.48 KiB) Viewed 20325 times
KarlaGrey

Post by KarlaGrey »

Looks awesome :o
MrJivoirien

Post by MrJivoirien »

that looks really nice, everyday i'm more hyped !
matt090

Post by matt090 »

Nice reconstruction, and thanks for the preview! :D
WongKit wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:06 pm I can not think of many tasks that could be assigned to other people without heavily preparing the context and/or a working environment. Even creating textures is kinda difficult as Pixel Tennis' art style is not decided yet.
Yep i guessed that, anyway thanks for the update, i'll be glad to help your project if you need anything else! ;)
gorgony

Post by gorgony »

So I was wondering if you could use the help of a software developer?
I have studied software engineering and have experience with webdevelopment, databases and software development in general. Maybe there are some things that I can you out with. Just let me know if you know of something.
WongKit
Pixel Tennis Developer

Post by WongKit »

@matt090: You are welcome :). If there is something that comes to my mind, I will let you know. IF you are bored (really, that's nothing with priority), you could create some textures for the arena net post wings and the decals for the court marks (the white lines at the ground) to make the arena even more copycat like. I would send you the texture for the basic court marks then.

@gorgony: Thank you for your offer, but I do not look for a software developer right now. The project is still in a phase where too many concept changes and code refactorings occur as I am not that familiar with Unity's features and quirks.
The need for additional developer(s) could come up at a later stage when there is something like a stable codebase.
matt090

Post by matt090 »

WongKit wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:01 pm I would send you the texture for the basic court marks then.
Well u can already PM me that, u never know when you get bored :lol: :lol: