Hi, Newbie-Rookie here.

Say hello and tell something about you
Fallermagie

Hi, Newbie-Rookie here.

Post by Fallermagie »

Hey,
(Sorry in advance if my english isn't perfect..)
Lemme tell you a something :

Personal Part :
I'm faller-magie, i'm french, 23 y.o and i was a rookie/amateur Niki player on Fantasy Tennis and my max level was level 20.
(Take a look.)
https://imgur.com/a/amx9yWx
I like digital, computing, 3D, Animation, Drawing, Video Games, Anime and Art. And lots of things i don't remember..

Fantasy Tennis Part :
It was on 2007, i saw an advertisement of Alaplaya and Fantasy Tennis on a french gaming channel named Nolife (RIP). I liked the art style and at that period i was somewhat in fond of tennis. Unfortunately, i didn't had a good pc so i had to wait 1 year later (2008 precisely) to be able to play it along with some other alaplaya games and my new 200€ portable pc.(RIP)

July 2009, my portable pc left me, i mean, the screen left me... so i had to wait until April or June 2010 to play FT again but only for 20 days because again the screen then the entire portable pc broke...

May 2012, back at it again with a new desktop pc (i using it at that moment). Played FT but less than another Alaplaya game until they closed the game on 2013. (The following next game that marked the transition on the same year was League of Legends)

It was a great exprience and a chance to play that game, the only thing that i didn't like was the "pro player" community presence at 2012. As an amateur/rookie, being able to start a game with some random players was just based on pure chance or kindness from them... even if i was Red Pearl or Blue Pearl.

Other than that, it was a cool game and i met lots of great players as friends but i lost contact with lots of them back in 2012. There was a very kind girl lunlun player who helped me to upgrade my level and spend some 1v1 games when i was alone, I don't remember his exact nickname. My favorite modes were Battle mode, Guardian mode and Battlemon. Spending time on chatroom, fishing some fresh and juicy star coins was also very enjoyable for me.

I preserved all my screenshots and 2 clients versions of the game (2008-2009 version and 2012-2013 version) :)
And that's it i think..

Pixel Tennis :
I discovered the project somewhere on the facebook page of the revival project about FT on late 2017 and today i decide to sign in. Also, surprisingly, i discovered that Mr Jivorien and bibouch were also registered on that forum i remember them ! :D

I don't expect Pixel Tennis to be a remaster or an upgrade of Fantasy Tennis but a totally new project that is inspired by FT.
Is that possible to contribute on it ?
PS : I'm curious to see more about that project. ;)
Wait n' See... ;)
WongKit
Pixel Tennis Developer

Re: Hi, Newbie-Rookie here.

Post by WongKit »

Hi Fallermagie and welcome to this board!

Thanks for your detailed introduction and thoughts about Pixel Tennis. The easiest way to contribute to the project is to tell other people about it.

It is cool that you have so detailed memories of your past in FT. I have to agree, that playing casually back then was very nice and most of the community was just very friendly and helpful.
If you begin any other game today, it will take minutes to be insulted as "Noob", "L2P" or "Uninstall NOW". ^^
Somehow related to an online tennis game.
Fallermagie

Post by Fallermagie »

Thanks WongKit :)
WongKit wrote: The easiest way to contribute to the project is to tell other people about it.
And for the other way, the hardest way ? :D
WongKit wrote:If you begin any other game today, it will take minutes to be insulted as "Noob", "L2P" or "Uninstall NOW". ^^
I don't know, the last time was 2013 that i've experienced a situation like this... my lastest online game was a defunct game named Gigantic in 2016. During his days of existence, there was no communication even if the text/vocal chat was available. So it was easy to play without being bothered by some random flamers. Online game standards changed so fast...

Is that possible to do some fan art or "fan content" even if it is ugly ?
And can i share another fantasy tennis-like project on the Tennis projects related section ?

PS : Sorry i have too much questions in mind to ask. :lol:
Wait n' See... ;)
KarlaGrey

Post by KarlaGrey »

Ye, FT was indeed a great experience, and here's to hoping PT reachs even greater heights :)

Welcome on board, and have a nice stay, Fallermagie!
Fallermagie

Post by Fallermagie »

KarlaGrey wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:25 pm Ye, FT was indeed a great experience, and here's to hoping PT reachs even greater heights :)

Welcome on board, and have a nice stay, Fallermagie!
Thanks KarlaGrey, can't wait to see further more updates and how the project will go. ;)
Wait n' See... ;)
MrJivoirien

Post by MrJivoirien »

HEYYYY

first:
RIP NOLIFE

second:
i really don't remind you ... SORRY xD

tell me more about "US"

Welcome
Fallermagie

Post by Fallermagie »

Thanks man. :)
MrJivorien wrote:second:
i really don't remind you ... SORRY xD

tell me more about "US"
I remember seeing you often hanging in the forums... :lol: and for bibouch, he helped me to more understand the game in some points. Also i added him as a friend :
Wait n' See... ;)
WongKit
Pixel Tennis Developer

Post by WongKit »

And for the other way, the hardest way ? :D
Let me quote the FAQ page:

How can I support you?
A: There are many ways to support this project.
  • Tell other people about this project
  • Be active on pixeltennis.de
  • Watch the support forum for requests
  • Donate. Please note, that donations are currently not required to keep this project alive. However, they are still welcome as a kind of appreciation.
Is that possible to do some fan art or "fan content" even if it is ugly ?
I am not sure on which visuals fan art could be created, but if you have something in mind, go ahead ;)
And can i share another fantasy tennis-like project on the Tennis projects related section ?
Sure, that the purpose of this section. You can see pixeltennis.de primary as a tennis-game-nostalgia-community-platform as long as the game is still under developement.
Somehow related to an online tennis game.
Osty

Post by Osty »

Welcome man