Ball touching the ground twice and still being returned

How do you like this project? Is there anything that can be done better?
FewFew

Ball touching the ground twice and still being returned

Post by FewFew »

Not sure if I'm supposed to report Bugs here, but here goes.

There was a game I played in which the ball touched the ground twice and could still be returned. I didn't try to recreate it though. Might help that it was returned with a special shot (which generally felt a bit off sometimes, like you could catch balls which were already past you with the special shot (not sure if intended)).

Another one was that the ball flying "Out" wasn't counted as out and the play continued as normal (one time occurrence as well)

Test itself was pretty cool, really brought back that old FT feeling, looking forward to Sunday.
WongKit
Pixel Tennis Developer

Re: Ball touching the ground twice and still being returned

Post by WongKit »

There was a game I played in which the ball touched the ground twice and could still be returned.
This is somehow normal. Your opponent actually hit the ball, before it touched the ground twice.But due to network latency, you see the action of other players slightly delayed. This happens for all shots, but it more visible for special shots as they freeze time. I need to somehow mask or interpolate the ball movement, so it is not that noticable.

Do you have a screenshot about the ball that was flying out? Was the ball hit by 2 players at the same time?
Somehow related to an online tennis game.
FewFew

Re: Ball touching the ground twice and still being returned

Post by FewFew »

Don't have a screenshot of that sadly, it was a 1v1 match though, so the double hit is out of question. The opponent also realized it, so not a latency problem here either.

Though as said, one time occurrence, didn't happen in the second test again either.